This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

create test case for class

Nov 16, 2011 at 1:22 PM

I would like to use Randoop.Net to create test cases for class, not a dll module.  Is there any way can implement it quickly?

Nov 16, 2011 at 1:57 PM

How about "automatically" build it into a .NET assembly first?

create test case for class [randoop:279642]

dzhao to: Xiao Qu
11/16/2011 08:22 AM

Please respond to randoop

I would like to use Randoop.Net to create test cases for class, not a dll module. Is there any way can implement it quickly?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (randoop@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email randoop@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Nov 16, 2011 at 2:15 PM

Thanks for your responding. My problem is I just want to create tests for one of class in the assembly, assuming the assembly includes several classes.

Dan 

Coordinator
Nov 16, 2011 at 9:06 PM

Please look at "Configuration files" in the Documentation --> Randoop Manual. There are options to only target certain types (classes) in require_types.txt. This may provide a first step towards your problem, although not quite ideal. It might still explore methods of others classes that take objects of the class you are interested in.

Nov 17, 2011 at 5:50 AM

thanks, I think I made it, I still have another question,  what kind of unit tests Randoop.Net generates? is it Nunit test or ms test? Can we use the mstest to run the generated test cases in command line?

Nov 17, 2011 at 2:22 PM

It is neither Nunit nor mstest, but it is easy to translate the test cases to these formats. I implemented a small program to translate it into mstest myself.

Xiao

Re: create test case for class [randoop:279642]

dzhao to: Xiao Qu
11/17/2011 12:50 AM

Please respond to randoop

thanks, I think I made it, I still have another question, what kind of unit tests Randoop.Net generates? is it Nunit test or ms test? Can we use the mstest to run the generated test cases in command line?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (randoop@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email randoop@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Nov 17, 2011 at 2:28 PM

Thanks, I am newbie,  if it is ok,  could you send me your program or give me an example?